Commercial Window Film Solutions for NYC, NJ and Suburbs
Signs NYC is a family owned privacy window film solution provider. If you need frost or any other decorative film for windows, offices, conference rooms or a store window, we can help you. We offer decorative designs, full frost wrapping and now we offer distraction marks installation in entire NYC area. Contact us for a quote.
What is Frosted Vinyl?
Frosted vinyl is a type of vinyl print that adheres perfectly to windows and glass. The frosted design has the same appearance as glass cutting, nearly identical to the way that etched glass looks. Yet unlike etched glass, it is significantly less expensive, requires much less work to install, and can be removed and replaced at any time without incurring any additional costs.
Types Of Frosted Vinyl Film
You can use frosted vinyl for glass doors. You can use frosted vinyl on cars. You can use frosted vinyl signage on nearly any type of glass surface, and every time you do, the appearance of that sign will improve dramatically. Here at Signs NYC, we even create frosted vinyl prints that are used as decoration – as a way to turn boring, drab glass into something more inventive and exciting. Frosted vinyl makes all of these things possible. There are many different ways to use this type of print, and savvy companies find ways to integrate it into their business.
Frosted Vinyl Lettering
Even if you’re not looking for a full decal, lettering can be a great way to make sure that your store is noticed. Often used on the front of buildings (although it can be used anywhere – even restrooms and office doors), the lettering can make sure that anyone that comes near the property sees what’s there in a way that looks high end.
Frosted Vinyl Decals
Decals allow you to put images, like logos, themed designs, and more, on windows without finding an expensive way to etch the glass. Frosted vinyl is also perfectly printed, because it doesn’t have the limitations that glass cutters do.
What are the benefits of Etched Glass Frosting?
It’s easy to see all of the different reasons to consider frosted vinyl. It has a way of making etched glass out of normal glass without ruining the glass or creating any unforeseen expenses, and those that have used this type of sign product for any purpose frequently find that it is appreciated by customers and the company’s marketing and design budget.
- Affordability – We have found unique ways to decrease costs without sacrificing quality, which means that you can receive some of the highest quality vinyl signage for a fraction of the cost of some of our NYC competitors, and even on par with national brands.
- Quality – Of course, a saving in cost is nothing without quality, and we are proud to be able to provide some of the highest quality frosted vinyl designs available in all the East Coast. We have worked with some of the biggest names in the New York commercial world, and we are confident that you will love our vinyl design prints when you see them.
- Customization – We can customize your design to meet any need. Perhaps you want a different color of frost, like blue or green? Perhaps you want a very small graphic to fit in a tiny area? Whatever you need, we’ll make sure that you have it.
- Customer Care – We also want to make sure that you are satisfied. We spend time examining each and every one of our prints carefully to make sure that it matches your expectations, and are more than happy to talk to you about any problems we experience with the design.
Industry That Uses Etched Glass Frosting
If you are looking for privacy or a decorative aspect that has a permanent look, the pricing and flexibility of a temporary sign, etched glass frosting is a great solution. Businesses all over NYC prefer frosted vinyl because of its characteristics and look. Following are the businesses that commonly use frosted vinyl:
Glass frosting is popular in university offices, classrooms, meeting rooms, labs, and other significant places in a university.
Government Buildings use frosted vinyl for a variety of purposes, for instance, privacy, displaying logos, timings, on windows, and in cubicles.
Frosted vinyl is a great tool to display logos and brand names in corporate offices and maintain privacy in professional business settings.
Etched glass for financial offices is the most popular choice for gaining a professional look with long-lasting signage.
Food services use etched glass frosting for grabbing attention and displaying information, menus, opening hours, etc.
Hospitals and health care facilities use easy-to-read frosted vinyl for displaying information and maintaining privacy in clinics and offices.
How to Install Frosted Vinyl on Glass?
It helps that removable frosted vinyl is easy to install, as the etched glass frosted vinyl film adheres easily to glass surfaces. Applying frosted vinyl to windows is something that anyone can do, although we do offer frosted vinyl installation services for the local New York City and New Jersey areas, and we’re happy to install them when you need help. But if you do decide you want to install them yourself, rest assured the process is simple and straight forward. In order to install these vinyl sheets and decals, all you need to do is the following:
- Wait for the right day. Although not critical, it helps to install vinyl on warmer days with low humidity. However, we know that NYC can get both very hot and humid in summer, and very cold and frigid in winter. It’s still possible to install frosted vinyl effectively on these days, but if there is an opportunity to wait for a warm, low humidity day, that is ideal.
- Clean the glass thoroughly. Dirt can both affect the look of the design and prevent the vinyl from adhering to the glass. Use a glass cleaner and try to get every inch of the glass before you install the vinyl material.
- Prepare your measurements. Make sure that the vinyl print will fit, and that you know where it will be best to unroll it in order to have the centered image that you are looking for.
- Reveal about 1 to 2 inches of the graphic adhesive by pulling it away from the wax paper. Try not to unroll any further until the next step.
- Find the spot you measured for placing the frosted vinyl graphic, and then adhere the 1” of the graphic to that specific spot. Make sure it is centered and in the proper placement.
- Keep the graphic pulled away from the window, and start removing about half a foot of adhesive at a time. Place the graphic on the glass before removing another 6” of wax paper, and continue adhering until the entire graphic has been placed on the window.
- Use a squeegee to push bubbles out of the edges.
- Finally, remove the outer layer of protective tape to reveal the image. Let the image sit for at least 5 days without using any cleaning products, as it needs time to “fuse” to the window in order to maintain its lifespan.
In some cases, your etched vinyl decal may have different installation instructions, so please always follow the instructions that we have outlined for you when you purchased the frosted vinyl. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have as they arise, and our team is here to install the vinyl fixture on your window if you need help with your frosted vinyl window stickers and designs.
Contact Us Today for Etched Glass Frosting
Frosted vinyl graphics are one of our many services here at Signs NYC, but they are quickly becoming one of our most popular, and we are happy to be able to offer it to you for some of the most affordable pricing available. If you are in need of frosted vinyl graphics for any purpose, and ready to work with sign designers and vinyl banners specialists that are truly skilled in crafting some of the best signs out there for windows, our team members will be in touch with you as soon as possible to start discussing your sign’s needs. We look forward to working with you.Request a Quote