Customize Your Video Surveillance Sign As Per NYC Code
Part of owning any property, including HPD buildings, is protection. It is important for your property and your tenants to have various forms of security installed in order to make sure that the building, the people, and the assets housed inside of it are all protected from theft and harm. Many property owners and building managers install security cameras, especially at entrance places, as a way to keep the property safe. But security cameras alone are often not enough. You may also want to consider a video surveillance sign.
What Are Video Surveillance Signs?
24 hour video monitoring is important for catching crime. But even more important is preventing crime. Video surveillance signage, especially near the entrance or outdoors, is the best way to make sure that potential criminals are aware of the risk in trying to harm your property. They are especially common on HPD buildings, but may be used on any type of commercial or residential space.
These signs can be customized with different graphics, materials, and text. As long as they are clear and easy to process, you can create essentially any type of sign that clearly indicates that there is a camera present. The most common text on these signs includes information such as:
- All Activities Are Recorded
- This Building is Being Monitored by Closed Circuit Television
- This Area is Under 24 Hour Video Surveillance
- Property Protected by Motion Detector
What are the benefits of Video Surveillance Signs?
HPD has many required building signs. These security camera signs are not required, but are still encouraged for those that have security on the property. Some of the benefits of these signs include:
- Acts as a Deterrent – Video monitoring warning signs act as deterrents to criminals. Those that are on your property and see these signs know immediately that they are being watched, and that they should refrain from any type of illegal activity. There are those that install these signs even on properties here no security is present, simply as a way to deter crime.
- Feelings of Security – For tenants on the property, these signs are also useful for simply helping them feel secure. Knowing that there is something that is there to protect them in the event of a crime. That feeling of security improves satisfaction and makes it easier for them to stay comfortable on the property.
- Helpful for Tenants – Finally, it is also important for tenants to know and understand when and where there are cameras for their own feelings of privacy. There are often legal issues associated with secret cameras, and since these cameras are designed for security, not tenant monitoring, reminding them where the cameras are is important.
As a full service sign company, we can even create 3D or lighted signs if necessary, but with video surveillance signs it is the simple, clear message options that tend to have the most impact. You can also customize more than text on your video surveillance signs.
- Installation: Easy to install
- HPD Requirements: We can make it happen within HPD regulatory requirements
- Easy to transport and store
- A visual is sent for approval before printing
- Black, Red, Yellow, and White
- Depending on your property, you may also want orange or neon green
- Options: Custom Sizes are available
- Finishing: Matte, Glossy
- Printed Sides: Single Sided and Two Side Different
- Grommets: None, 4 Corners, Top Corners
- Fast Turnaround: Your signs will be printed and shipped within 1-2 days of proof approval
Indoor and outdoor video surveillance signs benefit from different material options, form, and more. Talk to us if you’re not sure about your sign material choices.
There are many different types of metal used for video surveillance signs. Aluminum is one of the most popular, durable metals for outdoor customized signs.
Corrugated plastic material is a rigid plastic usually used for manufacturing lightweight and long-lasting video surveillance signs that work well outdoors.
Why Surveillance Signage is Important?
There may also be legal issues with cameras that are not clearly labeled, which is why it is useful for all property managers to consider placing a sign at minimum near the entrance to warn others that 24 hour video monitoring is taking place. Some signs also add a warning for trespassers. As for colors, it's important to make it clear that the sign is a warning. Black on white, red on white, or yellow and black on white are recommended, although other color combinations may still be effective. Check Complete Building Signs Catalog. Since the surveillance sign will be outdoors in the NYC weather, it also helps to make sure the sign is printed on outdoor safe materials.
Where Video Surveillance Signs Are Used?
Every business in the corporate, financial, construction, and education sector prefers their customers and employees’ security as their top priority, and constant video surveillance is one of the ways to make sure that any harm, violation of rules is recorded. Video surveillance signs are a professional way of informing the audiences that they are being watched. Some of the industries that use these signs are:
University area entrances, exits, and other significant places are marked with video surveillance signs to inform the passersby about the CCTV cameras.
Government Buildings usually use surveillance signs in both indoor offices and outdoor building areas along with security cameras for extra safety measures.
The corporate sector uses highly visible and easy-to-read signs to make sure all the clients are professionally informed about the act of video surveillance.
Video camera signs for financial offices are a necessary tool for added security from wrong acts and a feeling of safety for customers.
Food services use warning video surveillance signs on entrances, exits, reception areas, and other significant places inside a restaurant and outdoor cafes as well.
Hospitals and health care facilities use easy-to-locate surveillance signs in waiting areas, outside operation theatres, reception areas, and other facilities.
Contact Us Today for Video Surveillance Signs
Signs NYC is a full service sign company. We create many HPD signs and building management signs, as well as marketing signs, storefront signs, lighted signs, and much more. With over 30 years in the industry, Signs New York is one of the most experienced options for sign manufacturing across Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, and Queens. But what that experience doesn’t just translate to higher quality signs. It also translates to knowledge that makes us more efficient and more effective at developing signs quickly. Our efficiency saves you money, which is why we are one of the lowest cost sign manufacturers in NYC. Order your custom video surveillance sign today with Signs NYC.Request a Quote