HPD Signs NYC - Required Property Management Signs
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development, also known as HPD, is the department of NYC in charge of maintaining the city's affordable housing. With the cost of living so high throughout the 5 boroughs, the HPD helps to ensure that the average family can still have a place to live in the city.
Signs for HPD Buildings
Residences that have registered as HPD buildings are also expected to have specific signage that is mandatory for all multi-dwelling properties in New York City. These signs, known as HPD signs, must be displayed in the correct locations according to the Housing Maintenance Code.
Anyone that has registered their building as an HPD property will need to order one of these HPD signs in order to remain up to code.
Types of HPD Signs
There are many different types of HPD signs. Some of these signs include:
- Video Surveillance Signs – In multi-unit HPD buildings, it is required that you post 24 hour surveillance warning signs in an area that is easy to view on the exterior of the building.
- Boiler Room Signs – On the boiler room door and near the entrance of the property, you must place information about who has the keys to the boiler room, along with contact info.
- Building Management Signs – There are many different types of DOB required building management signs, including janitor info, exit signs, and much more.
- Fire Safety Signs – Fire safety signs are required by both the DOB and the fire department. Depending on the building, there may be more than one type of fire sign.
- Floor Number Signs – According to the HPD, floor numbers must be property labeled in multi-residency housing properties.
- Regulatory Signs – There are specific regulatory signs required by HPD that need to be correctly placed in specific areas of the property.
- Required Building Signs – From certificates of inspection to other forms of DOB signs, you may find yourself needing a variety of custom prints for your building.
You can order any of these HPD signs by contacting Signs NY today at (718) 453-8300, or requesting a quote using the button on the top right. See our HPD Building Signs Catalog.
Where to Put HPD Signs and Papers
Once you've received your sign, you'll need to make sure each one is put in the right location. You can explore those locations by reviewing the Housing Maintenance Code, or you can find the correct location by reviewing the information below:
- Floor Signs – Every floor needs to have a floor sign, with each floor appropriately numbered.
- Certificate of Inspection – Any certificate of inspection should be near the mailbox.
- Boiler Room – The boiler room signs should be in the lobby and on the boiler room door.
- Fire Safety Sign – Any fire safety signs should be easy to see near the mailbox or entrance.
- Janitor Sign – The superintendent's information should be at the entrance.
- Smoke Detector Sign – The smoke detector HPD sign should be near the mailbox.
- DOB Sign – The serial number sign should be in the entrance of the building.
If you have any questions about these signs and others, don't be afraid to contact Signs NY or the NYC Housing Preservation and Development office, which can provide you with more guidance over the types of signs that you need and where to place them in your property.
How to Order HPD Signs
At Signs NY, we want to make it easy for you to order the HPD signs you need. At any time, feel free and call us for a quote and we are happy to create all of the signs for you with the information you provide us, using the correct material to match NYC DOB standards and to ensure that your sign is built to last.
For more information about these HPD signs, or any of the signs that we can create for your business or building, please do not hesitate to contact Signs NY today at (718) 453-8300.