Required Building Signs for HPD Buildings in New York City
Over 200,000 family complexes and dwellings are registered as HPD properties in New York City. But to be registered as one of these properties, the New York City Housing Preservation and Development program requires that you have certain types of signage throughout your building.
Some of these signs are nothing more than a piece of paper in a frame. But others require a high quality, long lasting sign that cannot be altered and easily shares information about the property. At Signs NY, our team is able to create these required building signs for HPD properties, and are more than happy to assist you with creating these signs in limited time. If you need HPD signs, call us today at (718) 453-8300.
About the Required Building Signs for HPD
Different types of properties require different types of HPD signs. But there are some required building signs that the HPD will look to ensure that you have. As mentioned above, some of these NYC signs are documentation handed out by HPD, including the certificate of inspection.
There are also forms for smoke detector information and carbon monoxide information. It is recommended that these be created with a harder material. Even though some of these forms are paper, they do require a frame (or some form of protection) to ensure they are not damaged and do not experience vandalism.
In addition to the above forms, however, are required building signs. These are several of the signs that you absolutely must have on your property. They include:
- Garbage Collection Sign – Though a paper sign can be used, it is not recommended since the sign must be protected from vandalism. A sign that indicates garbage collection dates (as well as what tenants need to know about how it is collected) must be placed near the front of the building.
- Boiler Room Signs – There must also be a boiler room sign. The required sign is one that indicates who has the boiler room keys and how they can be contacted. It is also recommended that you consider a sign to put on the boiler room door.
- Floor Signs – Any HPD property must have signs that indicate floor numbers. Basements can be labeled with a 'B.' No floor should be without a sign.
- Janitor Information – Janitor information can either be posted as a paper sign or a permanent sign. As is often the case, it helps to have a permanent sign to reduce the likelihood of damage.
- Fire Safety Signs – Several fire safety signs are either required or strongly recommended depending on the type of property. For example, 'No Smoking' signs, fire extinguisher signs, and emergency exit signs.
It's also important to keep in mind that some properties have requirements that extend beyond HPD signs. For example, your property may require ADA signage, especially if it is labeled as a transient dwelling.
Order Your Required HPD Signs Today
Whether you have a specific HPD sign you need, or you'd like to inquire about all of the different signs we have available – including a set of all relevant HPD signs – please call Signs NY today at (718) 453-8300. We're confident that we can create the signs that you need to keep your building up to standard. Contact us today to learn more.